Friday 31 December 2010

Update 24



Hi all,
I hope you had wonderful Christmas' with your families and loved ones.
I was very fortunate to have a great illness free time with my family and Simon's family.


After a delayed start for chemo on Friday, I had the best chemo I had so far. I don't know whether it was mind over matter as I was determined not to be ill over Christmas or the fact that we seem to have all drugs working to make me well, but whatever it was it worked. I am not questioning just hoping that the next one follows suit!
So apart from almost fainting in Oliver Bonas due to lack of food, my pre- Christmas preparations were great and all presents arrived safe and sound. Our Christmas Tree, despite lacking a star (honestly, there were no nice ones left in London!) was filled with tinsel, baubles and sparkling lights- picture attached. It was my first grown up one so I am a little biased.
Christmas day involved me waking up at 5am and behaving like a small child until Simon woke up and allowed us to open our presents. I was the proud recipient of a number of fantastic presents including a beautiful heart necklace, Jamie's cookbook and joseph joseph nesting bowls to name a few. I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I had my pressies were sh*t hot as I had more than enough time to plan and pur-chase my presents. The proof is in the pudding- look at Alfred when he met his present- Iggle Piggle on the blog.
Love or Fear? or Both?
So obviously next we ventured over to Amy and Sam's for Christmas lunch with them and Alfred and Mum and Dad and a family friend Emily.
Mum and Emily - Cheers!!

Not sure why we have each other in a romantic headlock

The Boys

Amy opening Alfred's 3000 presents

Christmas lunch - Alfred style

We had a lovely day but we all sorely missed Max who should and would have joined us. Sam cooked up a feast and we left very full and satisfied after kicking the boy's asses at "Scene It". The next day we headed to Simon's parents for more food and presents and some games of "hum-bugs" which I rocked at. Sobriety definitely has its benefits when it comes to my competitive nature. 


Monday involved the whole Knight family congregating at the head matriarch and patriarch's house for more food and games. It was a wonderfully loud and conversation filled day as only the Knights can do!!! I loved it and outlasted Simon and his parents. Thankfully Grandpa Knight forgot that I promised to try some of his lamb next time I came over- dodged a bullet there!
After that and back to London and to the hospital. My neutrophils were fine and dandy thanks to lots of little Christmas injections Simon had been giving to me. So all good on that part.
So we are avoiding the crowds tonight by filling the evening with a lovely dinner with my gorgeous boyfriend at a local restaurant where we will see in the new year with a little champagne and some jazz. Loverly.

New Years McKnight style - woop woop!

Next chemo is on Tuesday and Wednesday so fingers crossed.
Have a Happy New Year and see you in 2011
2010- I got cancer
2011- I got rid of it!


Lots of love and kisses
Em
X

No comments:

Post a Comment