Wednesday 3 November 2010

Update Number 7

On 2 Oct 2010, at 09:01, Emma McCaughey wrote:

Morning all,

I hope you are all well.

Things change ultra quick in this hospital and are never set in stone so there is a new order of chaos. Monday brings PET scan at Tommys in Westminster, Tuesday brings hickmann line and Wednesday brings bone marrow which may or may not be followed by the chemo  immediately dependent on which type I have which is still unknown. Then if all things go well that day or next- I'm outta here! Then,  apologies if I wasn't clear, I will continue my treatment as an
 outpatient returning to the hospital only for chemo every 2/3 weeks depending on which cancer and check ups weekly. My spare time will be filled with eating, going on walks to eat off all the food I will be consuming and buying hats- gawd this will be a long 6 months!!

To be honest, I am slowly getting my head around all next weeks procedures and will take them one day at a time- plus, i'm going to congratulate myself with a new pair of shoes or dress or something for each day I get through next week. I'm kind of looking forward to the chemo so all the other poking and prodding can stop!!! Is that wrong?

But today, today brings home. It feels like I am on weekend exeat (how the bleeding hell do i spell it?) from school. I do think my  years of boarding have allowed me to believe that this is just an extension of that. Woldingham did have some uses then!!!

So anytime now my door will open to mum, dad, sam, Amy and Alfred and take me back for the night so I can winge at simon for not doing the laundry and taking out the rubbish- domestic bliss. As much as I am looking forward to it, the ego in me will miss the VIP  treatment and prof bowers random visits but to be fair I'll be back on Sunday so I probably won't.


So to all those lovely people who offered to visit me' this weekend, I won't be here!!! Sorry- no I'm not!!!

I wish I had more drama and excitement to relay to you but yesterday, despite a couple of visitors, was pretty uneventful which although I am grateful, makes for a boring email. So I am off  home to be a boring 27 year old for 24 hours until my readmission and give us all a break from all this chat of cancer because quite honestly, it really doesn't deserve all the attention!!!

Saying that I'll probably email you tomorrow!!!  ;)

It goes without saying, thank you so so much for your texts, calls, emails, visits, gifts, flowers, muffins. It has been incredible to pick up my phone every hour or so and read a couple of emails cursing my cancer and cheering me' on. I am eternally grateful.

Lots of love and kisses xxx

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment