Wednesday 3 November 2010

Update Number 9

Sent: 06 October 2010 12:26
Hi all,

Good morning- sorry I am a bit late today but had a bone marrow thing this  morning which went well.

Yesterday wasn't a great day. I really wasn't looking forward to the hickmann line going in which wasn't great and is a wee bit sore. Saying that all I've had is nurofen so it's uncomfortable rather than painful. They came and took blood and it was pain free!! Bliss!

Today is better. Read the secret this morning so in better place today plus the bone marrow is a much smaller and less painful procedure. Anyway enough about this cancer stuff. WE ARE GETTING A KITTEN!!!

As I was getting my bone marrow thing, I was in a ward and there was a woman beside me talking about 2 kittens she's just got and I turned to simon and said I wanted a kitten. He dismissed me as I'm always saying that about kittens/ dogs/ babies (the last one is usually to watch him sweat!!) but little did I know mum was already plotting and is convinced that dad spilled the beans on her secret- honestly he didn't mum! So Amy and I are getting a little brothers and/or sisters each and we can babysit whenever the other isn't around!!! Simon and I are going to call ours Bower!!! Nicknamed The Professor when it is being quirky and
misbehaving. An apt ode to the prof here we think!! Not sure how much he would like that.

Again some more changes, I need to do part one of my chemo today which will take 5 hours as they drip it really slowly to ensure you don't react allergically to it. So one more sleep then tomorrow is chemo 2 called the chop (no idea why) which makes me feel like I'm an animal off
to be castrated!! Nice thought!! That should be a couple of hours in the morning followed by a lumbar puncture which is a tiny injection of the chemo into the spinal fluid as sometimes the chemo drugs don't filter through leaving the spinal fluid and the fluid around the brain at risk
from a relapse as it hasn't been treated with the chemo. Does that make sense? Basically it's something I'll have to have each chemo session which won't be a big deal. Apparently I'm a tuesday girl so I will go in each week on tues for tests and/ or chats and every 3rd tues will be
chemo and lumbar.

Planning on having my hair chopped off soon, maybe next week. It's definitely going to fall out so I think I would just rather take control and have our family friend do it rather than wait for it to start falling out with long hair. Pixie cut here I come!!

Better day today and the sun is shining. Think yesterday was my hiccup and back on track. Right I'm off to shop for cat stuff- woop!! Woop!! And home on Friday to hopefully meet the new McKnight addition.

Lots of hugs and kisses
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment